Pink Regency Dress

A couple extant dresses have caught my eye recently that I wanted to translate into doll clothes, one is done, and I am partially done with the second. This pink dress is inspired by the following picture of an extant dress and spencer. The white spencer is going to be a future project as well. 


I made a couple slight changes, like making a bib front opening, and adding a slight train. Probably not the most practical for daywear, but I also don't think my doll plans much walking ;)

I used a pattern from the book Regency Women's dress, and adapted it to fit a short squat doll body.

Scraps, first pattern draft
Leftover fabric, cut dress pieces, finished pattern


Little bodice pieces ready to iron

Whipping the back seams


Inside shoulder and back seams, both turned and whipped

Right side view of back seam



Front before adding the lining pieces that cross in the front

Whipping down the shoulder hem
She borrowed Felicity's pearl necklace and a bonnet, and I got a few pictures before adding the hooks and thread bars, and adding lace.



I added hooks to the bib, and thread bars to the bodice front, and a hook to the front of the placket, and a bar on the side of the dress. 




And here is the finished dress, lace and all!




Here's a preview of her 1830 dress that's in progress right now!







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

First American Girl!

New acessories for Felicity